The city of Saint Étienne:
The town is 520 km from Paris, approximately 59 km southwest of Lyon and 53 km from Vienne.
Le Puy-en-Velay is 81 km to the south and Clermont-Ferrand 147 km to the west.
Saint Etienne is 480 km from Milan, 780 km from Brussels, 930 km from London, 645 km from Barcelona and 1290 km from Berlin.
Access by road:
- Brussels, Milan, Marseille, Lyon via the A47. Take the A72, exit 14 (La Talaudière)
- Barcelona, Paris, Clermont-Ferrand via the A72, exit 12 (Boulevard Thiers)
- Le Puy-en-Velay, Firminy via the RN88, take the A72, exit 12 (Boulevard Thiers)
Access by train:
Find out train departure times and book your ticket online: SNCF [French Railways]
From Paris or from Lyon, you can arrive via two different train stations:
- "Châteaucreux" train station: Main train station (10 minutes from the city centre by tram or by taxi).
- "Carnot" train station: This train station is right next to the Cité du Design (5 from city centre by tram).
Trains arrive and depart almost every hour from/to Lyon or Paris. Some trains from Paris are direct (2 hours 50 minutes). Others stop at Lyon, where you will need to take a connecting train, with 10-40 minutes waiting time.
In order to travel to Lyon, go via the "Carnot" train station: this is ideal after visiting the biennial on the Manufacture site (i.e. the Cité du Design) which is close by.
"Châteaucreux" train station: Situated to the east, on the new tramway line.
Trains: Trains depart to Lyon every hour.
In order to travel to Firminy: Clapier train station: Situated to the west, near the Mine Museum.
Access by tram or bus:
Saint Etienne has two tramway lines:
North/South which runs along the main street (Grande Rue) and crosses the entire City (Line 4: Solaure – hôpital nord)
East/West which links the city centre to the Châteaucreux main station (Line 5: Terrasse – Châteaucreux – Bellevue)
Telephone: +33 4 77 33 31 35
Access by air:
The Satobus network runs between the Lyon – Saint Exupéry Airport and Saint Etienne several times a day.
You can find the departure hours at the airport.
T : 0826 800 826
Saint Étienne Bouthéon Airport
42160 Andrézieux Bouthéon
Information: +33 4 77 55 71 71